This Holi, get painted in the colour of nature. Escape from the typical Holi madness and head towards a quieter celebration, with us, by the Ganges, in Rishikesh
Now Rishikesh has been a hub for us city dwellers to escape to for a quite some time now. But luckily enough, this Yoga capital of India has still managed to retain some mystery about it. Right from the multi-cultural people and with every other German bakery found in its streets to the evening aartis at the ghats and the mist that forms over the Ganges, this little hamlet holds everybody’s awe.
Distance: Delhi ─ Rishikesh; 230 kms (one side)
Mode of travel: Motorcycles and four wheelers
Rendezvous point: Travelers Café by Escape Route, Noida
THE PLAN, broadly speaking, is to bask in the glory of nature and experience Rishikesh’s quietude. While we mostly prefer serendipitous paths, here is a list of things that we plan to do:
- Head start from Noida on Thursday, 1st March at 9pm
- Travel overnight to reach Rishikesh before sunrise
- Experience a soothing sunrise over the Ganges
- Arrive at the cottages and settle down
- Gather for a Holi special breakfast
- Paddle up for rafting!
- Sit back and relax over good food, bonfire and music
- Wake up to the sound of the river flowing and birds chirping
- Head for a nature trail (think waterfall!)
- Talk about the good things in life and join in the spirit of bonhomie
- Local breakfast at a nice little cafe
- Ghar wapsi
PS – Feel free to explore Rishikesh the way you like it. Talk to us if you have anything specific in mind. No matter what we do and where we are, the idea is to leave the monotony behind and relish moments close to nature.