Escaperoute.co.in (“Escape Route”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is an online service that provides users (“you”) with recommendations for off-beat destinations other than luxury hotels, travel packages, travel guides, vacation rentals, and lots more. Our website, mobile properties, and related applications (collectively, our “Website”) are part of Escape Route LLP.
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us when you visit our Website or use our services.
What information do we collect from you?
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available, can be used to identify you as an individual or to contact you directly (“personal information”).
Personal information includes information you provide us such as your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name and password, and billing information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, and card expiration date). We may also request information about your travel plans, style, and preferences.
You can choose not to provide this personal information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from Escape Route and its partners and enjoy other benefits of being a registered member. For example, only registered members are able to post travel reviews, participate in discussion forums, email Escape Route content to themselves and others, access members-only newsletters and travel planning content, and enter surveys or contests. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site.
Information About Others:
You will have the opportunity to provide contact and travel-related information for other people through our Website. If you make a reservation for someone else through Escape Route, you will need to submit that individual’s personal information. You must obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information, as any access to view or modify their information will be available only through your account.
Information from Other Sources:
We have partnered with Facebook to provide personalized content on Escape Route for members of Facebook. If you are logged into Facebook and Escape Route; Escape Route will be personalized for you when you visit the Website, even if you are a first-time user of Escape Route’s Website. For example, we will show you reviews that your Facebook friends have posted on Escape Route and places they have visited. In order to provide you with this personalized experience, Facebook provides us with information that you have chosen to make available pursuant to your Facebook privacy settings. That information may include your name, profile picture, gender, friend lists and any other information you have chosen to make available.
Automatic Collection of Information.
We automatically collect some information from your computer or Device when you visit Escape Route. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches and/or reservations facilitated or made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users and customize your user experience.
If you make travel reservations with third-party suppliers facilitated by Escape Route, we will collect payment information from you, including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address. We will securely transmit this information to the supplier of the travel reservation to complete the transaction. Please note that the supplier processes your payment, not Escape Route, unless otherwise specified. You agree to review and be bound by the supplier’s policies and procedures before making a reservation through Escape Route.
We may offer members the option to save information related to method and choice of payment on our Website. If you save such payment details on Escape Route, you will be able to add, delete, or modify that information at any time in Account Settings.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
We collect information via cookies and other similar technologies (such as web beacons). Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit almost any website. They are stored by your Internet browser. Cookies contain basic information about your Internet use. Your browser sends these cookies back to the site every time you revisit it, so it can recognize your computer or mobile device and personalize and improve your site experience.
- To help us customize the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and Apps and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests. See Display of Advertising/Your Choices for more information about our online advertising practices and your choices.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our sites.
Our sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Display of Advertising/Your Choices.
Data collected to serve you with relevant advertising
Escape Route is committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites.
We only share your personal contact information (such as email addresses) with affiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements. You can choose not to receive relevant online advertising on other websites, based on your travel-related searches on Escape Route. Note that if you choose not to receive tailored ads, you will see online advertisements, but they will be more general and less relevant to you. Information on our policy in relation to email contact with you is set out below.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising.
Many of the advertisements you see on the Escape Route family of sites are served by Escape Route or its service providers. But we also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites, and (2) advertising networks, who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your interests.
How do we use your information?
Escape Route uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
- for registration and to manage your account, including to allow your access to and use of our site
- to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about Escape Route and invitations from the Escape Route community;
- to enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts, and other content to the Escape Route community
- to facilitate your booking of travel reservations;
- to respond to your questions and comments;
- to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and Website;
- to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- to otherwise customize your experience with Escape Route, including customizing the ads shown to you;
- to solicit information from you, including through surveys;
- to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
If you have signed up as the owner or manager of a vacation rental, or listed your vacation rental property, we will send you email messages at the email address you provide to us.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our Website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your travel-related interests in accordance with your marketing preferences. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our sites. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
Please review “Your rights and choices with respect to the collection and use of your information” section below for more information.
With whom do we share your information?
Escape Route may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, including but not limited to hotel, airline, cruise, car rental, or activity providers, or vacation rental managers or owners who fulfill your travel reservations.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately.
- Affiliated Websites. If you were referred to Escape Route from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and travel preferences, about you with that referring website.
We also may share your information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary
- To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you choose to create a profile on Escape Route, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable by clicking your screen name. You will have the ability to view your profile as members of the public will see it. Additionally, if you choose to participate in our member-to-member communications programs (e.g. traveler networks and private messaging), other Escape Route members may contact you by using Escape Route as an intermediary; however, Escape Route will not share your email address with any other members nor display it any public manner. All Escape Route members have the option to turn off the member-to-member communication features at any time.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How Long We Keep Your Information for
We may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity. The periods for which we retain your information depend on the purpose for which we collected it and we use it.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. We may retain some information for a period of time after you have closed your account with us, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights.
Your rights and choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with your personal information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on Escape Route.
- You have the right to ask us what personal information we hold about you by contacting us at the address below (see “Contact Us”), and we may charge a small fee for providing you with this information.
- We endeavor to ensure that your personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can also review, add or update the information you have provided to us by visiting your subscriptions page on our Website.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above. If you decide to close your Escape Route account, we will deactivate your account and remove your profile information from active view.
- You can close your Escape Route account by contacting us using this form. We will send you an email to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time.
- When you register as a member of Escape Route.in you will have the opportunity to provide us with your marketing preferences, and will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email marketing messages from Escape Route.in. As a registered Escape Route.in member, you can modify your choices at any time through the Email Settings of your subscriptions page.
- Whether registered as an Escape Route member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such email we send.
- Please note that we may send you other communications, including service announcements, and administrative messages relating to your Escape Route account.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Escape Route, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using Escape Route, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organisational measures to protect the personal information you provide us against unauthorized or unlawful access, use of disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Escape Route is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under the age of 13 sends personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
How you can contact us
Escape Route LLP
L-2, First Floor,